We have all plumbing connections used in fire networks:
1. The joint, or called “Tee”, is used to connect 3 pipes to each other, or to make a drill for a main pipe. This piece can be T-shaped or Y-shaped, depending on the angle.
2. Elbow, (Elbow), used to connect two tubes with the same diameter to each other between them, which are angles based on the amount of the angle, there is the elbow with the right angle (90 degrees), and there is the elbow with 45 degrees, and there is the open elbow with 120 degrees.
3. The joint, called “sleeve” or “roll”, is used to connect two pipes to each other when they are on the same straightness, and they have the same diameter. And they are indented from the inside.
4. Nipple, and has the same principle that the joint is working, but its toothiness is from the outside.
5. Reducer, used to connect two pipes horizontally with different diameters (sizes). They come in types that are indented to the outside, inward, or one of its edges inside, and the other outside.
6. A medicine or plug, which is used to close pipes, and comes in two types, toothed from the inside, or from the outside.
7. Valve or tap, (Valve), is used to control the passage of liquid within pipes by opening and closing manually.
8. The water mixer (in English: Water Mixer), and does the same job as the stopcock, except that it mixes the water from two pipes (cold and hot water) before removing it from the outlet.
9. The valve, (Check Valve), which allows water to pass through pipes in only one direction, and prevents water from reversing.
Methods of connecting fire-resistant network pipes
Pipes are usually sold 6 meters long.
It is not used for diameters greater than 2 inches, and a material that facilitates slipping and clogging the pores resulting from poor surface finishing of pipes and fittings and provides adhesion and called Teflon or linen must be placed.
Second, the flanges
It is installed for diameters greater than 2 ½ inches and is characterized by facilitating maintenance work. Gaskets are placed between the flanges to prevent running out of water due to the surface finish differences, which are two Coaches and Green Crete, and the second type is preferred with water.
Third, the Grooved or Victaulic
Cao Chih gasket connections are ready for all countries, but are very expensive.
Fourth, the most popular and most widely used seams
It is used for diameters greater than 2 inches.
Stages of the welding process
Second: first path
Third: Clean the welding of powder and this process after the first and the second and final tracks, called cap
Pipes suspension means (illustrated with pictures)
The passage of any pipes through the walls exposes the pipes to corrosion by the buildings and also the friction during the vibration of the pipes as a result of the flow. The most important is that any building the walls must be an important factor to prevent the spread of the fire where the walls are classified to resist the fire for an hour or two and the presence of those openings around the pipes represents an easy point for the transmission of the fire Smoke is in the building, and therefore the code recommends making a rock wall pod with a diameter of at least 2 cm more than the pipe diameter, and therefore to prevent the spread of fire through these openings.
The most famous manufacturers
Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese.